WHY DO YOU HAVE IRRITATIONS WHILE MENSTRUATING
There are many things that make you have irritation when you menstruate.
· The kind of material you are using when you are menstruating,
If you are using a material that does not absorb the blood, the blood will be on the surface of the vagina instead of going into the pad, you MUST have irritation and rashes, if you are using tissue, wrapper material, foam, etc you are sure to have it
· When you take long to change your pad.
I have been on a field work and discover that most girls/women use pads beyond 8 hours, This is killing!, this is where 80% of people who menstruate get yeast infection
· When you use sanitary pads made from chemicals that your body is reacting to, most disposable sanitary pads are made from rayon that is why you don't see cotton wool inside. Rayon is a chemical that absorbs liquid. It can be found in disposable pads and diapers. So if your body reacts to the chemicals the first sign you see if irritation and rashes
When we have period, it is important that we do the following:
· Change our sanitary pads at least every 6 hours,
· use plenty of water to wash our vagina,
· ensure our pants are properly dried before reuse
· Don't use any form of chemical to wash the vagina, I mean chemicals in the form of soap, disinfectant, vagina soap or cream, etc. All these chemicals distort the original composition of the vagina. The vagina has it own cleansing mechanism, that is the reason you have vagina discharge, like we have friendly worms in our stomach, the have their work there, we can only de-worm to reduce their number, In same way we have friendly micro organisms that helps fight incoming infection in our vagina. So these chemicals does nothing than to kill them.